ModificationGaming

Hey there!

We are a friendly community that discusses all things related to gaming, specifically modding. If you need help modding a game, just post on our forums and one of our members will gladly help you!

People who register from July 20 - September 1 have a chance to win a game of their choice on Steam!
To be eligible you must have at least 4 posts on the forum. Winner will be randomly chosen on Sept. 2

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ModificationGaming

Hey there!

We are a friendly community that discusses all things related to gaming, specifically modding. If you need help modding a game, just post on our forums and one of our members will gladly help you!

People who register from July 20 - September 1 have a chance to win a game of their choice on Steam!
To be eligible you must have at least 4 posts on the forum. Winner will be randomly chosen on Sept. 2

ModificationGaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Sponsors

+3
BooneA
TheMysteriousStranger
BootySweat
7 posters

Any one planning some mods for SKYRIM?

BootySweat
    BootySweat
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Rep : 2

Any one planning some mods for SKYRIM? Empty Any one planning some mods for SKYRIM?

Post by BootySweat Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:26 am

Do you already know enough info that you have decided there is something you want to mod?

I'm planning two very small mods, one slightly bigger one and one very big mod that will take a long time to complete.

As soon as the Creation Kit is released, I will make 2 small mods for purposes of altering my first playthrough

1. Skyrim Poverty Mod

• Increase all merchant prices by 5x
    • Reduce all selling prices to merchants for stolen goods by 5x
    • Reduce all other selling prices to merchants by 2x

2. Skyrim Perk Extension

• change the perk level limit cap from level 50 to level 70

3. Skyrim Fan-Created Lore Books

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1204568-wip-fan-created-in-game-books-mod/

• add 20-30 new lore books, letters, diaries, etc., based on the most popular fan-created lore books submitted above

4. Skyrim Necromancy Overhaul

• add new spells and spell animations
    • add new spell tomes
    • add new NPCs
    • add new quests involving elaborate necromancy rituals
    • alter inter-faction relationships and reputation values between Necromancers and other factions
    • possibly add a new skill with 12-20 new perks (Necromancy Skill)

Making a good Necromancy mod will probably involve some elaborate rituals and quests to obtain ingredients, etc. for animating a corpse. On the other hand, who's to say that there aren't other interesting spells from this school (i.e., something besides creating an undead servant) that we simply haven't heard about yet.

For example, if you look at the history of necromancy IRL, a spell like Clairvoyance fits with a lot of descriptions of medieval necromancy, it would just require something like the remains of a person related to the quest as a material component in order to cast the spell. In fact, that could be a really cool way to balance the power of the Clairvoyance spell. There could be other interesting takes on this, as the concept of necromancy need not be limited to the descriptions in passages from previous TES lore books.

This was a huge missed opportunity in Oblivion because all the Necromancer NPCs we encountered had basically the same arsenal of spells as most of the other spellcasting NPCs. IMO there could have been a deeper, much more interesting culture for this faction.

Historically, in ancient times, Necromancy was a sort of divination involving corpses or summoning the spirits of the dead in order to seek guidance. Later, in medieval times, necromancy was considered a form of sorcery involving summoning demons or spirits (which in Skyrim could translate to Daedric beings) for purposes of:

• reanimation of the dead
    • food and entertainment,
    • to drive people mad
    • to inflame people to love or hatred, to gain their favor, or to constrain them to do or not do some deed"
    • conjuring a mode of transportation
    • identifying criminals,
    • finding items
    • revealing future events.

some TES lore about Necromancers

On the Preparation of the Corpse
    Arkay The Enemy
    Legions of the Dead
    The Black Arts On Trial

Last edited by BootySweat on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheMysteriousStranger
    TheMysteriousStranger
    Adept
    Adept

Rep : 0

Any one planning some mods for SKYRIM? Empty Re: Any one planning some mods for SKYRIM?

Post by TheMysteriousStranger Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:44 am

Great ideas. I'd love to mod but I just don't have Romero learn the geck/creationkit.

Is it hard?
    BootySweat
    BootySweat
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Any one planning some mods for SKYRIM? Empty Re: Any one planning some mods for SKYRIM?

Post by BootySweat Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:16 am

TheMysteriousStranger wrote:Great ideas. I'd love to mod but I just don't have Romero learn the geck/creationkit.

Is it hard?

I think the first two will be very easy, just a matter of opening up the Creation Kit and changing a few variables.

The 3rd one a little bit harder.

the 4th one to be honest I don't even know how all the steps it will require. It will take a very long time, and probably I will need to wait to see how Necromancer faction and magic in general is treated in the vanilla version of the game.

I have started writing up the ideas for the quests, but a lot of the work I won't be able to start until after 11.11.11

I think there are some really good tutorial videos to learn the GECK, hopefully Bethesda will make something similar for the Creation Kit.
    BooneA
    BooneA
    Adept
    Adept

Rep : 3

Post by BooneA Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:52 am

Great ideas dude. I plan on making some major mods when the script extender comes out.
    BootySweat
    BootySweat
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Post by BootySweat Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:48 am

BooneA wrote:Great ideas dude. I plan on making some major mods when the script extender comes out.

Nice - what kind of stuff do you have in mind?

Have you done any mods for Oblivion before?
    BooneA
    BooneA
    Adept
    Adept

Rep : 3

Post by BooneA Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:17 pm

BootySweat wrote:
    BooneA wrote:Great ideas dude. I plan on making some major mods when the script extender comes out.

Nice - what kind of stuff do you have in mind?

Have you done any mods for Oblivion before?

No but I have done a lot with Fallout 3 and FOSE.
    I usually make personal mods but I plan on releasing some mods for Skyrim on the nexus
    xplosive23
    xplosive23
    Adept
    Adept

Post by xplosive23 Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Nice. Let us know when you plan on releasing these, they look very cool. Especially the book one. It's always nice to have more books, makes Tamriel seem more like a real world.
    BootySweat
    BootySweat
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Post by BootySweat Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:58 am

xplosive23 wrote:Nice. Let us know when you plan on releasing these, they look very cool. Especially the book one. It's always nice to have more books, makes Tamriel seem more like a real world.

If you have an idea, you can also submit your own lore book, in-game letter or diary to be included in the mod. Later when we have enough submissions, we will have everyone vote to select the top 20 or 30 fan-created lore books. These will be included in the mod and available for everyone to download.

Just post your idea here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1204568-wip-fan-created-in-game-books-mod/
    MetaMonster
    MetaMonster

Post by MetaMonster Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:31 pm

They should allow more than 30 in the mod.
    BootySweat
    BootySweat
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Post by BootySweat Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:01 pm

MetaMonster wrote:They should allow more than 30 in the mod.

that's a good point, it's not that much harder to add more books.

I suppose we just picked 30 as a round number. Depending on how many total submissions we get, we could always decide to add more.
    PressYforPie
    PressYforPie
    Adept
    Adept

Post by PressYforPie Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 am

BootySweat wrote:
    MetaMonster wrote:They should allow more than 30 in the mod.

that's a good point, it's not that much harder to add more books.

I suppose we just picked 30 as a round number. Depending on how many total submissions we get, we could always decide to add more.

I think it would be best to include them all. I mean, the more the better right?

Get the Bethsoft forum community to proofread everything, weed out the bad ones, and then just use the rest.

Are you planning on adding the books to spawn lists? For example, books about thievery, can be found on thieves, etc.
    BootySweat
    BootySweat
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Post by BootySweat Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:58 am

PressYforPie wrote:
    I think it would be best to include them all. I mean, the more the better right?

Get the Bethsoft forum community to proofread everything, weed out the bad ones, and then just use the rest.

It might work, but I would want to hold off until we have a chance to review all the entries. So far, they have all been really good. If you have an idea, you should post it!

PressYforPie wrote:
    Are you planning on adding the books to spawn lists? For example, books about thievery, can be found on thieves, etc.
    Great idea - I hadn't considered whether to put them all in a merchant's inventory, or some sort of bookshelf somewhere.

It could be fun to make it a kind of treasure hunt for people to find them all.
    FullCapsRage
    FullCapsRage
    Adept
    Adept

Post by FullCapsRage Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:06 pm

BootySweat wrote:
    PressYforPie wrote:

It might work, but I would want to hold off until we have a chance to review all the entries. So far, they have all been really good. If you have an idea, you should post it!

PressYforPie wrote:
    Great idea - I hadn't considered whether to put them all in a merchant's inventory, or some sort of bookshelf somewhere.

It could be fun to make it a kind of treasure hunt for people to find them all.

You should also add some extremely rare books that vendors never sell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm